CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPY ‘DIPLOMA’ COURSE
Many people are maybe unaware of what clinical hypnotherapy is.
Some people see it as mumbo-jumbo or something that messes up with your mind.
But, it's not true. Hypnotherapy is an evidence-based therapy with more than 70,000 research references worldwide.
Clinical hypnotherapy is not a form of magic pill for a quick fix. Instead, it requires that the client commits to change and is prepared to try to make change as a reality.
But, what is clinical hypnotherapy, and how does it work?
What is Clinical Hypnotherapy?
Clinical hypnotherapy is basically a combination of physical treatment and hypnosis administered by the trained professionals such as Psychologist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Mental Health Worker, or a Medical Doctor.
It actually means the use of advanced hypnosis methods or other techniques to treat a variety of medical and psychological problems, and more 85 percent of people readily respond to clinical hypnotherapy.
Those, who deprecate hypnotherapy and hypnotism, say people under hypnosis are forced to do something that they don't want to do. That's not true.
All the time, the client of therapists is aware of what is going on around them.
Benefits of Clinical Hypnotherapy
Clinical hypnotherapy is an established complementary therapy with a wonderful track record. It is highly cost-effective, with patients that benefit often being achieved rapidly.
Where other interventions have not produced the desired outcome, clinical hypnotherapy can be successful.
Some benefits of clinical hypnotherapy includes:
- Reduced chronic and acute pain
- Reduced anxiety and depression symptoms
- Addictions and substance use
Reduced Chronic and Acute Pain
A clinical hypnotherapy study in 2009 compared the result of 13 different trials that analysed the outcomes of hypnosis treated pain that was found in almost every hypnosis case intervention which consistently produced a significant decrease in various chronic-pain issues.
Clinical hypnotherapy that involves practitioner led instruction and self-hypnosis education for the patient who is during and outside a session helps in reducing pain associated with the physical disability, fibromyalgia, arthritis, lower back pain, and cancer.
Reduced Anxiety and Depression Symptoms
Clinical hypnotherapy assists the individuals dealing with symptoms of depression and anxiety by improving their emotional and physical control, reduces self-consciousness and channelling the focused attention.
Using phrases like “when you feel worried or stressed, you will pause, breathe and count to three” your mind will know how to respond better, instead of reacting to difficult situations.
During the trance-like state experienced in hypnotherapy, your mind is more open to suggestions than usual.
Addiction and Substance Abuse
Clinical hypnotherapy offers a drug-free alternative to manage the addiction and substance abuse for individuals struggling with alcohol, gambling, drugs, sex, food, and other issues.
This therapy also presents a more optimistic outlook to your problem, gives the confidence and will power to break from bad habits. Further, it strengthens the willpower of participants to overcome addictive urges and cravings.
Particularly, it helps in treatment of habits and addictions.
Self-esteem and Relationship issues
One of the most underrated applications of clinical hypnotherapy is its efficacy to improve self-esteem and interpersonal relationships.
Hypnotherapy is stated as a mental healing process that is used to achieve desired goals like changing behaviours or current feelings.
These behaviours or current feelings often involve the negative attitudes, values, and beliefs a person has of themselves and relationships, that is detrimental to growth and success of a person.
How Clinical Hypnotherapy Works?
Hypnotherapy is used to treat a wide range of issues related to various medical issues mentioned above, self-esteem and relationship issues along with physical conditions such as skin conditions, Irritable Bowel syndrome, and migraines.
If you have a hypnotherapist near you, there is usually an initial consultation to explore your issue and for you to ask any question.
If normal trance is used during the session, you will probably experience the pleasant, relaxed feeling of being in trance for about 30-45 minutes.
Clinical hypnotherapy might not be recommended to persons dealing with depression or personality disorders, like borderline, or narcissistic disorders.
But it is essential for people interested in clinical hypnotherapy to choose a provider. This provider will be either a healthcare professional with specific hypnosis training and certifications.
Hypnotherapy sessions are also helpful and are customized to the needs and beliefs of individuals.
If you want a specific approach or technique to avoid, then let your hypnotherapist know, and your treatment plan will be adjusted as per your wishes.
Behavioural Counselling focuses on human behaviour and looks to eradicate unwanted or maladaptive behaviour.
Generally, this type of therapy is used for those with mental health conditions or behavioural problems that involve unwanted behaviour.
Examples of these include anxiety, addictions, obsessive compulsive order, and phobias.
What behaviour counselling theories include?
Behavioural Counselling theories hold that people engage in problematic behaviour and thinking when their environment supports it. When an environment encourages or reinforces these concerns, they will continue to occur.
Behavioural counsellors work to help clients identify the reinforcements which are supporting problematic patterns of acting and thinking and replacing them with alternative reinforcements for more desirable patterns.
Now, preferred therapies based in behaviour theory includes the dialectical behaviour therapy, behaviour therapy, conjoint sex therapy, and multimodal therapy.
Scheme of the Course:
- The students invest time in classroom/online sessions.
- The classroom/online sessions include input sessions, demos, and practice sessions.
- Debriefing is provided after each practice or demo session for clarification and consolidation of the concepts and processes.
- The students are provided reading and learning material for further in-depth knowledge and understanding of concepts and processes.
- The students are provided supervisory support to seek guidance for sharpening their skills while practicing independently in the field over a period of three months.
- The students are helped to prepare a plan of action after the training classes.
- The Academy makes online support available to the students for the stated period and beyond.
- The Certification for the course will be awarded.
- Detailed case studies for Ten Clients is essential for Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy Course.
- Evaluation of Case studies for Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy involves additional fee for RUPEES FIVE THOUSAND (INR 5000) P&H Charges are applicable for International students.
The course covers the following topics:
A. Foundation Course
1. Understanding Hypnosis
1.1 Development Across Time
1.2 Myths and Misconceptions
1.3 Scope and Applications of Hypnosis
2. Human Mind
2.1 Mind Development
2.2 Conscious and Subconscious Mind
2.3 Rules of Mind
3. Hypnosis- Concept and Process
3.1 Concept of Hypnosis
3.2 Indicators of Hypnosis
3.3 Depth of Hypnotic Trance
3.4 Pre-requisites of Hypnosis Session
4. Pre-Session Activities
4.1 Information about the client
4.2 Pre-Induction Communication
4.3 How to Prepare Healing Suggestions
5. Inducing Hypnosis
5.1 How to Induce Hypnosis
5.2 Considerations while Inducing Hypnosis
5.3 Rules of Induction
6. Deepening of Trance
6.1Activities done for deepening before inducing Trance
6.2 Activities done after Inducing Hypnosis
7. Hypnotic Healing
7.1 Give Suggestions
7.2 Laws of Suggestibility
7.3 Mental Rehearsal
7.4 Create Triggers
8. Waking up and Post Session Activities
8.1 Waking up the Client
8.2 Post Session Activities
8.3 Outline of Hypnotic Session
9.1 Every Hypnosis is Self-Hypnosis
9.2 Levels of Consciousness
9.3 How to give Suggestions
9.4 How to come out of Self Hypnosis
9.5 Techniques of Self Hypnosis
For 1st time Induction
10.1 Finger Spreading Test
For Subsequent Sessions
10.2 Progressive Relaxation
10.3 Fixed Gaze Induction
Induction Technique for Analytical People
10.4 Auto Dual Induction
Fast Induction Techniques
10.5 Backward Counting Technique
10.6 Reactional Method
10.7 Hand Magnetism Induction
Instant Induction Techniques
10.8 Hypnotize with Eyes
10.9 Hypnotize with Pendulum
10.10 Hand Press Technique
10.11 Confusion Method
10.12 How to Build Protection Shield
10.13 Ethical Issues
1. Medical/Therapeutic Model of Hypnosis
1.1 Over View
1.2 History of Medical Hypnosis
1.3 Reasons of Medical Hypnosis
2. Healing Design
2.1 Considerations while planning a Healing Design
2.2 Steps of a Healing Design
3.1 Cause and Effect Relationship
3.2 Method of Hypnoanalysis
4. Age Regression Therapy
4.1 Introduction of Age Regression
4.2 Concerns Relating Age Regression
4.3 When to do Age Regression
5. Life Therapy
5.1 What is Life Therapy
5.2 What is life Script
5.3 Types of Life Scripts
5.4 Life Script Defines our Roles
5.5 Risks with Life Script
5.6 Life Script Limits Options
5.7 Improve upon Life Scripts
6. Dealing with Fears, Phobias and Traumas
6.3 Main Tools of Treatment
- Symptomatic Approach
- Circle Therapy
6.4 Ideomotor Response
7. Low Blood Sugar
7.2 General Physiology and Psychology Low Blood Sugar
7.3 Nutritional Approach
7.4 Stages of Recovery
7.5 Hypnotic Approach
8. Eating Disorder
8.1 Normal eating
8.2 Eating Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
9. Alcohol and Drug Addiction
9.1 Why People use Drug and Alcohol
9.3 Treatment of Drugs
9.4 Parental Strategy to Prevent Drug Abuse
10. Explosive Personality Disorder
10.1 What is Explosive Personality Disorder
11. Private Violence
11.1 Wife Beating
11.2 Child Abuse
12.1 Healthy Communication
13. Relationship Counselling
13.1 Relationship Discomfort
13.2 Process of Relationship Counselling
14. Sexual Dysfunction
14.1 What is Sexual Dysfunction
14.2 Psychological Reasons of Sexual Dysfunction
14.3 Healing ED and Frigidity
14,4 Enjoy Married/sexual Life
14.5 Myths and Facts
15. General Self Improvement
15.1 Memory Improvement
15.4 How to Control Stress
15.5 Mental Hygiene
16.1 Type of Smokers
- Short Method
- Long Method
- Awareness method
17. Weight Management
17.1 What is Ideal Weight
17.2 Considerations for Weight Management
17.3 Suggestions for Weight management
18. Children’s problems
18.1 Hyperactive Children
18.2 Children who lie and steal
18.3 Bed Wetting
18.4 Anti-social Behaviour
18.5 Nail Biting/ Thumb Sucking
18.6 Study Habits
18.7 Stammering and stuttering
19. Additional Scripts
19.1 Hand Levitation
19.3 Cord cutting
19.5 Milton Erickson Hand Levitation Technique (Indirect Hypnosis)
19.6 Dave Elman Induction
19.7 Self Hypnosis 3.2.1 Technique
19.8 Fingers Drawing near (Induction for children)
19.9 Hands Magnetism (induction for children)
19.10 Hands going up and Down (Induction for children)
19.11 Finger Rotation Technique of Induction
- Chapter 1: Introduction of the Course
- Chapter 2: Counselling
- Chapter 3: Characteristics of a Counsellor
- Chapter 4: Develop Rapport and Know the Client
- Chapter 5: Suggestibility (by Dr John Kappas)
- Chapter 6: Sexuality (by Dr John Kappas)
- Chapter 7: Functioning of Human Mind
- Chapter 8: Theory of Personality (by Sigmund Freud)
- Chapter 9: Theory of Personality (by Erik Erikson)
- Chapter 10: Hierarchy of Needs (by Abraham Maslow)
- Chapter 11: Counselling Interview
- Chapter 12: Understanding Problem -Paris Window
- Chapter 13: Understanding Problem- Corrective Therapy
- Chapter 14: Theories of Learning
- Chapter 15: Healing Techniques- Family System Approach
- Chapter 16: Healing Techniques- Role Play
- Chapter 17: Healing Techniques- Systematic Desensitization
- Chapter 18: Healing Techniques- Circle Therapy
- Chapter 19: Relationship Counselling
- Chapter 20: Counselling for Smoking
- Chapter 21: Counselling for Enuresis
- Chapter 22: Counselling for Fear /Phobia
- Chapter 23: Counselling for Procrastination
- Chapter 24: Counselling for Depression
- Chapter 25: Examination and Certification